The final days of winter have arrived, and most of us are looking forward to days with longer hours of sunlight, blooming flowers and warmer temperatures. If you’re planning your spring garden and outdoor “floor plan,” you’re probably also thinking of ways to get the most out of these warmer days. We know that everyone who has an outdoor living space enjoys it, but how do you know which space is right for you when there are so many options? Use this guide to help you decide:
A sunroom is right for you if:
- You want to spend time enjoying the sun long past summer’s end.
- You want to relax on comfortable furniture that won’t weather away.
- You want a sunny, temperature-controlled space to use as a greenhouse, yoga studio or reading area.
A screened porch is right for you if:
- You want to spend more time outdoors, but away from irritating mosquitos, ticks, wasps and other bugs.
- You want to enjoy the coolness of a summer rain storm, without the actual rain.
- You want to keep the cool breeze of a ceiling fan while still enjoying the outside air on a humid day.
- You want your children and pets to get fresh air without worrying about them wandering out of sight.
A patio cover is right for you if:
- You want to add some shade to your backyard patio or deck to stay cool on hot, sunny days.
- You want to use your grill, rain or shine.
- You want a relaxing outdoor seating area, but want to protect your furniture from rain and pollen.
If you’re still not sure which space is right for you, be sure to check out our online gallery, or call (919) 286-1700 to speak with one of the experts at Gerald Jones Company.